구인 ID : D120081314
Postdoctoral Fellow (Project Researcher) Position in Mitochondrial Biology
- 게시 된 날짜 : 2020/08/29
- 업데이트 날짜:2020/08/29
- 구인 내용
- Research in the laboratory focuses on the molecular physiology of mitochondrial proteins specifically ion channels and transporters (eg mitochondrial calcium uniporter), their role in human disease, and how different organisms adapt to defects in mitochondrial use approaches to elucidate signaling pathways (eg calcium signaling) that are fundamental to mitochondrial bioenergetics. More information is available at: www.vgarglab.com
This is an excellent opportunity to learn mitochondrial patch clamp, and break new grounds with high impact publications. The environment within Dept. of Physiology is highly collaborative and opportunities are available to develop new collaborations depending on neuros physiology or metabolic diseases), as long as it aligns with the major goals of the lab. This individual will work in collaboration with an outstanding group of scientists with long-standing track records in basic and translational research.
메릴랜드 대학교 볼티모어
660 West Redwood Street
MD 볼티모어, 21201
Postdoctoral Fellow (Project Researcher), One position.
Starting Date: Negotiable
- 연구 분야
- 큰 분야: Medicine, dentistry, and pharmacy
- 소분야: Basic medicine
- 큰 분야: Complex systems
- 소분야: Biomolecular science
- 큰 분야: Biological Sciences
- 소분야: Laboratory animal science
- Researcher/Postdoc level
- 모집 조직
- 볼티모어 대학 메릴랜드
- 근무 형태
- Full-time(Nontenured) The contract is renewable on a yearly basis, according to research activity and achievements. Total duration is 3-4 years, but it will vary depending on project completion (resulting in a manuscript) and mutual agreement.
- Others · Outside of Japan/ Work at home etc.
- 응모 자격
Ph.D., MD or equivalent in a related field
Good communication skill in English
Experience in patch clamp electrophysiology OR fluorescence microscopy
- In accordance with University of Maryland Baltimore, USA Regulations.
Generally, the salary range is USD 50,000 – 54,000 per year depending on prior experience (NIH scale).
- Working hours are as per normal working day (~40 hours per week)
- Leave package consists of: [Prorate days as necessary based on appointment period and/or percent effort] plus 10 days annual leave, up to 15 days of sick leave, 3 personal days and holiday leave in accordance with t
- Benefits/housing/life: Health benefits and campus housing is available as per University rules and regulations. More information is available at https://www.medschool.umaryland.edu/postdoc/Postdoc-Life/Campus-and-Housing/
- 모집 기간
- 2020/11/30 Deadline for receipt Applications will be accepted until eligible candidates are found.
- 응모·전형·결과 통지·연락처
- Cover letter in English (with future/career goals)
Curriculum vitae in English
Name and contact address for two/three references
Combine all in a single PDF document.
All applications will be screened, and only those qualified will be scheduled for an interview (via video).
Interested applicants should send application materials to:
Dr. Vivek Garg, PhD
Assistant Professor, Dept. of Physiology
메릴랜드 대학교 볼티모어
- 첨부 서류
- Online Submission with all application documents is available.
- 응모상의 배려
- ■해외 등 먼 곳에 사는 분 Interview will be conducted via video conferencing.